There’s nothing quite like a smile that can light up a room. People are instantly drawn to those who smile easily and often – especially if they have bright and beautiful teeth. But those perfect pearly whites rarely happen just on their own. Orthodontic treatment is often a major factor in achieving the perfect smile. And in addition to just looking good, a beautiful smile has many benefits you may not have thought about.
A Beautiful Smile is a Happy Smile
One of the most notable benefits to orthodontic treatment is the confidence it brings to our patients. At Epic Orthodontics, we have seen firsthand how a beautiful smile can bring a child out of their shell or help an adult feel more satisfied with their appearance. If fact, there have been cases where a patient was hesitant to smile at all with their teeth showing, but braces or Invisalign changed all that! And the best part – that confidence from a beautiful, healthy smile is something that no one can ever take away. Patients who take care of their general oral health and follow their orthodontic follow up care plan can look forward to a gorgeous smile their entire life!
It’s Not All About Looks Though
Although the aesthetic benefits of a straight smile are the most evident, there are many health benefits as well. Chances are that you may have thought that orthodontic treatment only improves a person’s appearance, but it actually has many health benefits as well!
- Helps to Prevent Tooth Decay and Gum Disease
- By correcting the spaces and nooks and crannies where food may get caught, orthodontic treatment makes brushing and flossing more effective.
- May Help Correct Speech Difficulties
- Orthodontic treatment can correct teeth that are out of alignment, such as an overbite or underbite, that often affect speech patterns.
- Can Help with Digestion
- Teeth that aren’t in their ideal placement can sometimes keep food from being properly chewed and can subsequently play a part in poor digestion. By straightening your teeth, this is less likely to happen.
- Known to Help Alleviate Headaches
- There are instances where orthodontic treatment can help alleviate oral pressure that can cause chronic headaches.
- Preventive Care for Future Dental Issues
- Orthodontic care now can prevent all kinds of dental and orthodontic health risks for the future. From tooth decay to bone erosion, braces may negate the need for expensive and potentially painful treatment in the future.
We’re Here for You
The benefits for orthodontic care are more than skin deep. It’s well known that our Epic orthodontists and highly trained staff have been improving smiles and dental health in and around the Knoxville and Lenoir City communities for years. As always, we welcome your questions and want to make sure you have all the info needed to make the right orthodontic choices for you or your children. Contact us today with any questions or to set up your first appointment.